RSS

February 13, 2011

Wendy's Intro

Hi fellow Chatelaine addicts.

I'm Wendy and I live in Adelaide, South Australia.  I have been cross stitching for about 25 years, but really grew up stitching and knitting.

I started my first Chatelaine about 16 months ago after seeing a couple of finished mandalas at a craft show in Brisbane.  I have to admit that I am still doing that one (misty morning vineyard), but then I found Martina's website and other things that I JUST had to start.

I have one finish and four current WIP's.  I am stitching all my WIP's on hand dyed linen from Stitches and Spice.

My main WIP is Baroque Garden and I have managed to keep up so far (and have full intentions to remain up to date).  This is stitched on gravestone 32 count linen.


My other WIPs are:

Misty Morning Vineyard, stitched on 28 count Splash linen


Hummingbird Garden, stitched on 32 count double dyed royal purple linen


and Peacock Garden (Mystery 13), on 32 count Splash linen


I have got a 'bit stuck' in part 4.

Micro 1 is my only finish so far, and is the pinker version 2


It sparkles a lot more IRL (difficult to photograph).

I think this blog is a wonderful idea, and look forward to sharing the joy of stitching these designs with everyone.

Wendy 

5 comments:

Joysze said...

Wendy, I love your Micro 1. It's so amazing to see all those beautiful details in something so small. :D

Great WIPs!! I remember your Hummie!! I thought that was such an interesting color fabbie and it shows off the stitching beautifully!

I hope you'll be 'unstuck' on Peacock soon.

heather said...

Everything looks so pretty!

I'm stuck on Part 4 of the Peacock Mandala, too. I took a break from it and completed Part 5, which has been a good motivator to keep me going.

Yany said...

Lovely wips Wendy, the fabby on Hummie (LOL)is beautiful!!

Isabelle said...

Congratulations Wendy on all your beautiful projects and I love your fabrics choice. Your Baroque Gardens is just fantastic :-))

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Beautiful stitching ...you made a good choice, all your projects are beautiful !

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.