RSS

May 26, 2011

Hi y'all! Here to share my Chatelaine obsession!

Hello fellow members of the Chatelaine Collective! Thanks to Joyce for the invite as well, since I have so many Chatelaines going at the present (tho' I'm sure I'm not the only one!). I thought I'd share a little bit about myself and invite you all to visit my StitchinKat's Pawprints Blog. I am a married homemaker and mother of one daughter, almost 17 (she's taking finals this week for her junior year of high school). We live in my home state of North Carolina and I have been stitching for over 30 years, only becoming obsessive in the last 15 however. I discovered Martina's designs when a stitching friend was working on one of the early mysteries, and was facinated! I first tried a couple of her freebies, before jumping in feet first in 2005 into the Egyptian Garden. Next I did the Tree of Hope for New Orleans (now a Cotton Sampler). I have a couple of long standing WiPs, Evening in the Park and Holland Landscapes, and started Hummingbirds earlier this year. I have the Winter Watergarden kitted and ready to start, but got totally distracted by the new Chinese Garden Mandala and had to start it as well! Plus I'm doing the Micro set, having stitched the first two and kitted the third. The fourth and last is due out in August. Also own the Misty Meadows kit (the unicorn box) that I'll get to someday, and have a bunch of the freebies waiting as well. Here is my lineup of finished and framed Chatelaines....the pics should be clickable.

Christmas Tree Mandala

Tiny Rose Mandala

Tree of Hope

Egyptian Garden on SW Days Gone By

These are finished but not framed....
Micro 01

Micro 02

And now the WiPs!!

Evening in the Park through Pt. 8
on SW Blue Mystery Opalescent

Holland Landscapes through Pt. 7
on SW Dreamin' (working on this one right now...
filling in the last window!)

Hummingbird Mandala Pt. 1 on blue opalescent

Chinese Garden Mandala Pt. 1 on black belfast

Feel free to ask any questions about these as to fabric, etc. Working on the Holland piece this week and hope to go back to Chinese Garden next month and get caught up. I am rotating these and a couple of other large pieces this year, sprinkled with smalls in between. So far so good!


--Kathy, aka StitchinKat

5 comments:

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, Kat. Words can't describe!!! Everything looks great!! Love your Chinese Mandala. Holland looks beautiful. (I don't need to do it, I don't, I don't, I don't!!!) I'm planning to get Evening in the Park, Japanese Garden, and A Fairy Garden this summer. Can't wait to watch your progress!!

Joysze said...

Chatelaine collective.... LOL! I love it!! A ST fan, perhaps? ;)

Gorgeous stithing, Kathy, every single one of them!!!! :D

Heidi said...

WOW!!!! Where's the jaw-dropping smiley when you need it?? beautiful!!!

Isabelle said...

Wow Kat, what a collection so wonderful :-) Congrats on such marvellous finishes :-)) Your wips also look very nice !!

Melissa G. said...

I am in awe. Your Chatelaines are all so wonderful! I especially love the Tree of Hope - hadn't seen that one before. Beautiful, all!!!

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.